Here is a look back at our year in reflection and gratitude for all the ways God has blessed us in 2015. (Just ignore the fact that I haven’t posted here since September…) We are still in awe of the many blessings of 2015 and can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store.
- The Boone Adventure. We took a weekend trip with two dear couples from our eGroup and had a wonderful, side-splitting, memory-making, good time. We were able to share AppState Extension with them, we went tubing together, we almost died going up and down a mountain, and we ate some really good food. This trip is one for the books and will be one we remember for a long time.
- Raised to Life Weekend. Serving together and seeing over 1600 people raised to life in baptism was so special. It never gets old, y’all.
- Morgan’s Graduation. It was such a proud moment to celebrate my sister’s success as she graduated from high school (and then headed off to NC State two months later). She’s doing that first semester college kid life much better than I did.
- Grad School Life. I started grad school in May (I still can’t believe that’s a thing?!) and it has been one of the most challenging and rewarding aspects of my year. It has changed me and taught me a lot about myself (as a teacher, student, wife, and human being).
- One Year Anniversary. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with a week at the beach, just the way we like it. You can read more about my thoughts on Year One here. I still love you more every day, Zach Hall.
- Zach’s Transition. One of the greatest sources of joy in the second half of our year has been Zach’s contract at our church, Elevation. We have been so encouraged and blessed by all of our new friendships with staff since his first day in the office. We are amazed at what we get to be a part of and are so grateful for this privilege. With this transition also came the opportunity to invest in our Matthews campus. I began serving with the E101 team and so love the people I serve alongside.
- A Trip to Nashville. We had the pleasure of visiting Nashville for my cousin Lacey’s wedding. It was such a fun time with family and we got to explore a bit of the city!
- Full.Filled. We participated in the year-end offering at the church in celebration and thanksgiving for all God has done in 2015 and all we are believing in Him for in 2016. It was such a meaningful and tangible way to worship as we drew 2015 to a close.
The end of 2015 feels a lot like the blank space between chapters in a book. Looking back on our year, we have SO much to be grateful for- and yet we have so much to look forward to. There’s a bittersweet aspect to the end of a chapter- part of a story is over and you want to savor it. But the anticipation and joy ahead in the next chapter is exhilarating. Thank you Lord for your provision and grace in every moment behind us and ahead of us. I truly believe the best is ahead. Happy (almost) New Year!