After such an incredible year of reading, I can’t help but want to gift books to everyone on my list this year. I asked around on Instagram to gauge interest for a gift guide for the bibliophiles in your life and got a resounding yes, so here’s what I’ve come up with. I hope it’s helpful for your holiday shopping! If there’s something I haven’t covered that you’re curious about, I’d love to know.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan — perfect for the person on your list who enjoy Gossip Girl and chick-lit
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin (read disclaimer here)
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld — for the Jane Austen lover
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Scott — for the Hamilton fans out there
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah — great for WWII-era buffs
- The Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny. Start with Still Life. Or this boxed set of the first three books.
Young Adult Fiction
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle — pair it with the movie!
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
- The Chronicles of Narnia set by C.S. Lewis
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery — the graphic novel is great, too!
- A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray — great fantasy series for girls
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Bossypants by Tina Fey — the best laugh!
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling — the second best laugh!
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
- Talking As Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham — for the Gilmore Girls or Parenthood fan
- Literally anything by Brene Brown. Particularly good ones: Braving the Wilderness and Rising Strong
- Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist — I’d get this for everyone if I could.
- Of Mess & Moxie by Jen Hatmaker (or the collector set)
- Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes by Shauna Niequist — for those who loving hosting and cooking
- Inspired: Slaying Giants, Walking on Water, and Loving the Bible Again by Rachel Held Evans
- The Broken Way: A Daring Path into the Abundant Life by Ann Voskamp
- Cultivate by Lara Casey
- A Million Little Ways: Uncovering the Art You were Made to Live by Emily Freeman
- Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What’s Right in Front of Me by Alexandra Kuykendall
- How to Survive a Shipwreck by Jonathan Martin
- For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
- A Book of the Month subscription
- A personalized library stamp — for when we share our books with others
- “One More Chapter” socks
- “My Weekend is All Booked” t-shirt
- “Books are my happy place” tote — great for library runs or bookstore trips
- Bookworm pin
- Bookish AF decal